• Cambridge Water Build over Agreement

Cambridge Water Build over Agreement

If it is determined that the existing pipe is in poor condition or that the material is made of pitch fiber, you will need to rest the length of the pipe under the structure at your own expense so that a superstructure can be considered. This minimizes the risk of structural failure of the pipe after construction and the risk of inconvenience and loss of service for you in the future. If the veranda was built before July 1, 2011, an explicit building permit or approved development right is required, and approval of building by-laws may be required. Hello, Who would be the best person to support/provide services by getting permission to build an extension via a sewer. You will need to determine if there is a public sewer near your proposed work, and this practical guide will help you in this regard. In general, you are responsible for sewers on your property that only serve your property. Anglian Water is responsible for all other sewers, including any pipes you share with your neighbors and some surface water pipes that carry rainwater away from your home. Your construction work may require a building permit or a building permit from the local authority. Some work falls under owner-authorized development rights or may not require approval of building by-laws. Carports and small verandas often fall into this category, but it`s always best to check with the local authority if a permit is needed. Please note that none of these authorizations automatically give you consent to overbuild or be near a public sewer. The above process is designed to ensure that your development can continue while ensuring that your property and our sewers are protected. I have a built single storey extension (about 4m x 5.8m).

The builder placed the air bricks and dpc too high, which meant. Browse digdat to find our public sewer lines and water pipes. According to Part H4 of Schedule 1 of the Building Regulations 2010, SI 2010/2214, the consent of the sewer system contractor is required for construction work via a public sewer. This includes both digested water and surface water channels. If a public sewer passes under land, the owner may not build on or within three metres of the sewer centre line without the consent of the sewer contractor. This consent is the “Build over Agreement”. Consent is required before the start of the work and may be refused. Yes, and the sewer must be laid under the supervision of the water companies. Anglian Water promotes development in our region and will always work with you to make your proposals a reality. If it is not possible to build over the sewer, you can submit a request to distract it from the construction work if possible.

This application can be made through our online portal InFlow. Please call us on 0345 60 66 087 (option 2) to discuss this in more detail with you. This option is the fastest and cheapest option and avoids alerting the sewer funeral home to work with whom they might disagree. A funeral director may refuse to grant further construction through an agreement. If they refuse, it is unlikely that insurance will be available. Even if consent is given, the owner may be asked to make changes to the property that can result in significant costs. Insurance is the most common solution. If you are moving an inspection well outside the proposed expansion area, it must be at least 0.5 m from the proposed extension. It would cost more to move the well further outwards and you would need permission from the water board, but aesthetically and practically it would be better not to have the inspection chamber in your property as you will need a double joint and access to the well.

Under no circumstances will we allow construction by a sewer or side drain if: This potential risk is problematic if the veranda was built before July 1, 2011. There is also a violation of legal servitude. Some sewer companies suggest that they may adopt a relaxed attitude if the work has been carried out in accordance with construction control permits and measures taken to protect sewer pipes. .